Humans of MacDuffie

Jessica Pham, Staff Writer

Inspired by the popular blog Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton and continuing with the successful result of the first issue published by The Magnet, The Magnet’s staff and editors decided to further develop this series via our new Instagram account. Humans of Macduffie is a series of questions answered by members of the MacDuffie community, which gives readers a broader point of view about life at the school.

• What is your favorite day of the week except for weekend? Why?

Wednesday. It’s the middle of the week and it’s the day with the most letters.

1. What is the most fascinating thing that has happened to you until this point of the 2015-2016 academic year?

I started an afternoon ceramic program. It’s my favorite media to work in as an artist and I’m happy to share it with all of my students.

1. What is your favorite food made by our school dining service, Sage?

Mushroom Risotto.

1. Summer is coming in just more than one more month. What are you planning to do this summer?

I have no idea! But probably a lot of kayaking and hiking and creating pottery.  

Jena McNerney, Art Teacher

Friday becuase I only have one class in the afternoon with two free blocks.

I met Abel from  “The Weeknd”.

1. What is your favorite food made by our school     dining service, Sage?

Turkey Burgers.

I think I’m going to the Outer Banks in North Carolina and Texas. I might be going to Quebec City, Canada too.

Nate Enders, ‘18

Wednesday because I only have English, Spanish, and Art for my classes and we get out at 1:15 P.M, so I can sleep more.

My life is not interesting. I have done nothing!

Buffalo chicken sandwiches.

I’m going to Germany to play in 2 soccer tournaments and I may go to Mexico. Then a lot of summer readings and boring school stuff.

Emilee Auclair, ‘18.

1. What is your favorite day of the week except for weekend? Why?

Wednesday. Because the school ends early.

When I saw my son playing college football on TV (or live streaming on the computer).

Sausages.

I will go to the beach with my family!

John Blanton, Mathematics Department Chair