Spring Music Concert 2016 Review

Simon Shi and David Goretski perform “Love Yourself” by Justin Bieber.

Alexis Chapin, Managing Editor

Some of the most memorable events of every school year are the music concerts because they are evenings filled with performances from the many talented students and staff at MacDuffie. This year was no exception: the 2016 Spring Music Concert featured 20 performances, all of which were highly enjoyable and entertaining.

The event took place in the Little Theater and was put together by music teacher Jonathan Harvey, who is filling in for Asia Meirovich while she is away on maternity leave for the remainder of the academic year. With the help of an amazing technical crew and everyone who performed in the show, Harvey was able to create a very memorable evening.

Photographs by Senior Eva Lin.

0M7A1059

With a relaxing start to the show, Senior Charley Lee and Junior Camelia Liu perform Romantische Stucke Op. 72, No. 1 by Antonin Dvorak.

0M7A1106

Senior Bobby Gu performing Xiao Wang Shu by Ronghao Li, with Junior Daisy Cheng on piano.

0M7A1121

Sophomore Dollar Zhu and Senior Henry Bang, playing the Theme From Kung Fu Panda 3 by H. Zimmer, arranged by Dollar Zhu, on double piano.

0M7A1139

The MacDuffie Ensemble playing Concerto in C minor, BWV1060 by J.S. Bach and Hedwig’s Theme by J.  Williams in perfect unison.

0M7A1165

Juniors Prisheila Pandori and Eveline Hamadi in a beautiful duet, Nothing’s Gonna Change my Love for You by Westlife.

0M7A1176

Seniors Simon Shi and David Gorestki perform Love Yourself  by Justin Bieber, featuring an original rap from Shi.

0M7A1179

Freshmen Cathy Zhao and Niki Sun and Sophomores Hans Li and Alex Hao perform a stunning version of The Scientist by Coldplay.

FullSizeRender (4)

Senior Sardor Akmedov, Junior Namphet Wongkanha, Junior Tim Yu, Freshman Carlo DeFelice, and Sophomore Reagan Os (not pictured) could all replace Zayn with their rendition of History by One Direction. Photo by Alexis Chapin.

0M7A1187

Juniors Eveline Hamadi, Prisheila Pandori, Ade Olua, Yvette Papare, Kezia Nunaki, Lucia Deda, and Julio Kbarek sang traditional Indonesian songs Tugu Rere and Wampasi while wearing traditional Indonesian clothing.